Swimming season is coming up soon, very soon depending on what part of the country you live in. Or, if you’re like most parents of babies and toddlers, you have them in swim lessons at the local pool already.
If you take a look around at the baby bottoms at the pool, you will notice that the majority of parents use disposable swim diapers, such as Huggies Little Swimmers. Now, I always wonder why, when they actually don’t “hold” what they are supposed to hold.
If you take a look at a disposable swim diaper, you’ll notice there is no elastic around the waist. So visualize something happening in water rising up. Not a nice image. And pee? Forget that. How can any diaper absorb pee in the water? So essentially, you have a diaper that swells up with pool (or lake) water and doesn’t hold poop, and unfortunately I have seen what happens when a baby poops in the pool wearing a disposable swim diaper. On top of that, they are SUPER expensive! They cost anywhere from $.97 to $1.10 a diaper depending on where you shop*. One set of swim lessons, or a one week vacation at the lake and you’re going through at least a pack.
So, what are the options? Reusable swim diapers are the way to go! Here’s a couple reasons why you should choose a reusable:
- they have elastic around the waist (the entire waist). This means, they hold in the poop. No more embarrassing moments at the pool with this feature.
- inexpensive. One swim diaper (our favourite is the Monkey Doodlez swim diaper) costs less than two packs of disposable swimmers. You buy it once and you get to use it all summer, and even longer. Then, you can use it for your next or pass it on to a friend. Try doing that with a disposable.
- easy to wash. Just throw your swim diaper into the wash with you bathing suits and towels, hang to dry. It can’t get much easier than that.
- cute. Have you seen the cute Monkey Doodlez swim diapers? They are so cute, you don’t even need to put a bathing suit over top if you don’t want to. They are swim diaper and swimsuit all-in-one.
To help celebrate Earth Day and to share the reusable swim diaper love, we are going to give away one swim diaper to a lucky reader! Here’s what you need to do to enter:
The winner of our swim diaper give-away is comment #15, Desiree!
1. Check out our selection of swim diapers and come back here and leave a comment letting us know which one you would choose and what size. You must leave us your contact info so if you win, we can contact you.
1. Tweet “win a Monkey Doodlez swim diaper from @LMSDiapers http://wp.me/pKGO9-67 contest deadline May 1”. You can tweet this up to one time per day. Each time you tweet the message, you will need to post a comment here with the tweet url. Not sure how to do that? After you tweet, click on your profile then under your tweet there is a time line stating how long ago you tweeted, click on it. There is your tweet. Copy the url and come back here and leave it in your comment. 1 entry per tweet.
We will choose the winner on May 2nd at 10am PST using random.org. We will verify the winning entry. The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. If we don’t hear from you, we will choose another winner.
Contest is open to residents in Canada and the U.S.