Mmmm…. french toast. We all have memories of yummy french toast. Around here we have started making french toast again. Well, to be honest my husband has started making it for the first time in our marriage. I had no idea he even knew how until we realized we had 2 dozen eggs on hand. Yup, 24 eggs. Don’t ask.
Since our little one is one year old, he can now *officially* have eggs. Since eggs are a great protein, and we have a hard time getting him to drink milk, french toast is perfect. He gets protein, dairy, and some carbs all in one. We cut it into little bits and he goes to town. He LOVES french toast. Here’s a quick and easy recipe that is great for weekdays as well as weekends.
French Toast (serves 2)
1/4 cup milk
dash of vanilla extract (optional — but very yummy addition)
1 tbsp butter
2 slices of bread
- Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl and beat well. Then mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Put the butter in a frying pan. Heat the pan on the stovetop on medium heat.
- Dunk each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Make sure the bread is totally covered.
- Cook the bread in the frying pan on low heat until the underside is light brown (about 5 minutes).
- Use a spatula to flip the bread over, and cook again for another 5 minutes.
Add some fruit and you have a great breakfast for your little one!