Another very popular toddler and kid friendly recipe. As soon as your little one can have cheese, give this recipe a shot. Once you try it and see how easy it is, you’ll never go back to the boxed mac & cheese.
Easy Macaroni & Cheese (serves 4 – 6)
1/2 lb macaroni noodles
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt (optional in my opinion — I never add it, still tastes good)
dash of black pepper
2 cups of milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Cook macaroni according to directions.
2. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, salt and pepper; slowly add milk.
3. Cook and stir until bubbly
4. Stir in cheese until melted.
5. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce; stir to coat.